Brussels, 19 December 2019. Cross-Border Commerce Europe, the platform that gathers Cross-Border E-commerce in Europe, is launching a new study of the best performing countries stimulating Cross-Border webshops in Europe. In 2019, Denmark is the winning country with n° 1 Pandora, n° 2 Vivino and n° 3 Jack & Jones.
This study of European Cross-border e-commerce is a data collection calculating the eRank performance of each European country. The ranking of the 10 best cross-border countries is obtained by the following parameters:
- Number and position of Cross-Border webshops in the TOP 500 EU Retail Europe ranking
- Population size
- Internet penetration rate
- Webshop habits
- Quality of the hosting network
- State of the “e-banking” system
- Security level on the web
- Weight and strategy of e-commerce investments
Moreover, the study analyzes the country of origin of the TOP 500 EU Retail and highlights the TOP 3 Cross-Border webshops in Europe per country.
In this ranking the TOP 10 of the best countries consists of:
- Denmark with n° 1 Pandora, n° 2 Vivino and n° 3 Jack & Jones
- The Netherlands with n° 1 Vistaprint, n° 2 Tomtom and n° 3 EMP/Large
- Switzerland with n° 1 Nespresso, n° 2 Tissot and n° 3 Pneus-Online
- Sweden with n° 1 Ikea, n° 2 H&M and n° 3 Nelly.com
- Spain with n° 1 Zara, n° 2 Massimo Dutti and n° 3 Bershka
- Germany with n° 1 Zalando, n° 2 Thomann and n° 3 Bikester
- Belgium with n° 1 Kipling, n° 2 Expert and n° 3 Outspot
- Austria with n° 1 Swarovski, n° 2 Bluetomato and n° 3 Atomic
- UK with n° 1 Fruugo, n° 2 Asos and n° 3 MyProtein
- Italy with n° 1 Gucci, n° 2 Diesel and n° 3 Dsquared2
In 2019, Denmark, with only 5 million inhabitants, will reach the eRank n° 1 position with Cross-Border webshop champions of brands such as Pandora, Vivino and Jack & Jones. The latter is part of the very strong e-commerce ecosystem of Heartland. Together with Belgium, Italy, Spain and Switzerland, Denmark generates nearly 25 European Cross-Border retail champions.
The Netherlands has no less than 61 Cross-Border webshops in the TOP 500 EU Retail. In last June’s consumer survey, Cross-Border Commerce Europe emphasized the fact that the Dutch consumers are lagging behind in the rankings when it comes to Cross-Border online shopping in Europe, while their country is a breeding ground for webshops that sell abroad.
Finland with Fatboy and Suunto as well as Norway with Komplett and XXL, but also Ireland with Smartbox are not included in this ranking as they do not have at least 3 webshops that are part of the “TOP 500 EU Cross-Border”.
“I would like to thank our partners (Oney, Oney Trust, DPD Group, Worldline, Outbrain, Bisnode, Mondial Relay, Seven Senders) and the members of Cross-Border Commerce Europe who supported this study. It will further stimulate a thriving European market’, concludes Carine Moitier, founder of CBCommerce.eu.
About Cross-Border Commerce Europe:
Carine Moitier is the founder of Cross-Border Commerce Europe, a European network and knowledge platform for all e-commerce and omnichannel players operating in at least three countries in Europe. CBCommerce.eu connects actors to increase their visibility and gain knowledge about the figures, trends and specifics of European countries. Its members include brands of all sizes and its partners, service providers in all areas of innovative trade.
For more information, testimonials or interviews, contact:
Founder Cross-Border Commerce Europe, CBCommerce.eu
Mobile: +32 473 26 05 61
Nederland tweede in Europese top-10 crossborder e-commerce
The Netherlands ranks second in the European top-10 cross-border e-commerce